The Highway Commissioner provides administrative oversight to the entire Township Road District to ensure an essential and desirable level of public service is provided and to effectively manage the infrastructure and related Township Road District programs. Routine administrative activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing general "overhead" for the day-to-day administration including purchasing, photocopying, answering phones, radio dispatching, responding to a variety of inquiries, correspondence and regulations, records and archive maintenance, and filing.
- Maintaining a daily journal of staff productivity and accomplishments.
- Verification and allocation of labor and equipment usage to provide justification of services being charged to the Northfield Township Sanitary Sewer System.
- Maintaining maps, atlases, records and maintenance history of Township Road District infrastructure.
- Preparation of the Township Road District's annual budget, long range plans and annual report.
- Prepare and revise Standard Operating Procedures to ensure uniform handling of recurring Township Road District activities and guidelines.
- Analyze, research and recommend special projects to be undertaken by the Road District.
- Correspond and attend meetings with residents.
- Formulate the most cost-effective means to obtain job-related educational programs.