Northfield Township Road District
2014 Recycling Program
THE NORTHFIELD TOWNSHIP ROAD DISTRICT IS NOT A DUMP. WE ONLY TAKE THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW. WHEN THIS FACILITY IS CLOSED, NO ITEMS SHOULD BE LEFT ON THE PREMISES. WE WILL WRITE A TICKET AND FINE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE RECORDED DUMPING.
Recycling is easier and more convenient for Northfield Township Residents. The Northfield Township Road District garage doors are open as a recycling center from Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. For the 2014 season, the drop-off will start Monday, March 3rd and end on Friday, November 14th. Please pull up to the front of the garage building at 1928 Lehigh in Glenview, ring the bell and we will help you take the recyclable material out of your car. Please see the following list of materials that the Road District will accept for recycling.
- art supplies
- batteries (all types)
- bikes & toys (usable condition)
- cardboard (all boxes must be flattened - no tubes accepted)
- cell phones/pagers
- clothing (usable condition)
- computer software
- computer hardware
- engine oil
- hydraulic oil
- ink/toner cartridges
- Styrofoam (only clean, white Styrofoam blocks can be accepted - please do not bring cups, food trays, foam sheeting or peanuts)
- transmission fluid
- small electronics
- therapeutic equipment (canes, crutches, standers, walkers, wheelchairs)
- household paint (oil & latex, limited to 10 one gallon cans or 2 five gallon buckets)
In addition, our partnership with the Village of Northbrook provides an additional opportunity to recycle with an added drop-off location in Northbrook. The Village of Northbrook (www.northbrook.il.us) will be receiving at the garage behind the Village Hall on Cedar. Check the Village's web site to verify the times, dates and list of accepted recyclables.